On Talk of the Bay, three other KSQD hosts join Suki Wessling to talk about how we got from there to here.
Ronnie Lipschutz, host of Sustainability Now, is Emeritus Professor of Politics at UCSC and runs the Sustainable Systems Research Foundation. Jill Cody, host of Be Bold America, wrote the book, “America Abandoned: The Secret Velvet Coup That Cost Us Our Democracy,” which explores how powerful forces intentionally abandoned democracy. Christine Barrington, co-host on Talk of the Bay, is a local community activist working for positive, solution-focused action.
All three guests draw not only from the interviews that they’ve done on their shows, but also their extensive experience in the world of work and political action. We discuss the history of the country, the forces that have shaped it since the founding, and where we are today. Most importantly, we discuss positive actions that anyone can take to get more involved in their community—no matter what side of the political spectrum they’re on.
Recommended by Ronnie Lipschutz of Sustainability Now:
- Letter to Fellow Citizens of Earth, with Dr. Sharachchandra Lele
- Latinx Farmers’ Survival in the U.S. Agricultural System, with Josefina Lara Chavez
Recommended by Jill Cody of Be Bold America:
- Nice Democracy Ya Got There! Shame if Something Happened To It.
- Are U.S. State Houses Being Weaponized Against Democracy?
- State of Confusion: Political Manipulation and the Assault on the American Mind
Recommended by Christine Barrington of Talk of the Bay: