Dear Radio Supporters,
2017 has been quite a year! Never has journalism come under such attack, and never has the public stepped up so passionately to defend it. Thanks to hundreds of donors we have raised $ 217,050 toward the creation of a new community radio station at 90.7FM. We’d like to invite you to join them. Every tax-deductible donation gets us closer to the goal of having a new local community radio voice for Santa Cruz County. Would you consider a year-end gift that will help us flip the “ON AIR” switch by late spring of 2018?
Recent milestones and activities:
- Scouting for a location in Santa Cruz county to house our new community radio.
- Meeting with consultants about our Business Plan.
- Reviewing the process to buy the license and applying to the FCC.
- Shaping the organization and its Community Advisory Board.
- Calling in all pledges so we can initiate the purchase of 90.7 FM’s license.
- Boosting responses to our survey (If you have done this already, we will contact you after we have solidified the deal.)
We are appealing to you go to and share our website with friends and family to help bring in the final funds needed to buy the license. And, remember all donations are tax deductible.
Checks made out to MediaWatch/CCCR:
100% of funds go to this effort. (Mail to PO Box 618, SC 95061)
Donations through YouCaring reach us minus 3% processing costs.
Thank you for all you do for our community!
Your steering committee,
Ann, Jean, Linda, Mathilde, Ned and Rachel